Monday, September 22, 2014

the sad part about moving

I’m very excited about moving to Florida. It’s going to be a big change; besides living in California for a month to attend BSSM, my entire life has been in Michigan. I’m looking ahead, and I can literally see the great things God has planned for my family. Someday I’ll share that. Some of my family will be in Florida with me, and most of my very best friends moved away a long time ago, but there are people I’m sad to be moving away from. My time living in Michigan might be done, but I’ll be back. I promise you that. I’ll mess you up.


Beach Family: My family. I love them so much. I’m so thankful for every one of them. I always have fun with them. I love their willingness to be themselves. I know it’s not the end of our family time, and I’m so thankful for that. I can’t wait to walk and we can go up north together and party together. I believe we’ll experience that. We can go to Craig and Polly’s to drink, play cards, and sing.


Alex Cook: I love him. Alex is a new friend, but also very very close to me. He’s shown me how to be a friend again. He’s loved me so well. For so long I wasn’t sure if I could still make new friends, but through Jesus, and Alex, I know I can. He’s an incredible man. I wish I wasn’t moving a thousand miles from him, but I’m excited to continue our friendship, despite the distance. I’m excited to do life with him and to experience all the up and down adventures it brings. He’s my friend. I love him.


David and Sarah Reeves: They’ve been so loyal to me. We’ve been friends for a long time now. I’m so thankful for them; they were always the first people I called when I went to the hospital. They’ve taken great care of me many times. I met them through Young Life and we’ve been great friends since the first time we met. We’ve been through a lot together. I love them.


Tony and Betsy Larder: After I got my vent, my g-tube, and my teeth removed all in the same month, I felt so defeated. I felt so hopeless. Betsy’s pursuit of my heart helped awaken me back to Jesus. I will forever be grateful for that. I love them.


Krzeczkowski Family: Growing up, Frankie was one of my best friends. I miss him, but his impact on my life is huge, even to this day. I love the entire family. I pray for Laura everyday; she’s so beautiful! I believe God has great things in store for this family.


University of Michigan Health System: What can I say? They’ve been there through all of my physically horrible days. Dr. Virginia Nelson had such a huge impact on my life. She taught my parents a lot, and she pushed hard to make sure I went to mainstream schools. All of my doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists have been outstanding. They worked in tandem with my family to give me health, and to have a great quality of life. I am forever grateful.


Christ our King Lutheran Church: I learned about Jesus and I learned to have faith in Him at this church. I grew up here. I’m so thankful for the many friendships I was blessed with. Jenna was one of my best friends, and she loved me well. Becky was one of the youth leaders, and she helped bring me into an encounter with the presence of Jesus. I’m so thankful for their relentless prayers.


Saline: I know I don’t live there anymore, but it’s my hometown; I honestly still love it. I’m so thankful for every moment. Everyone in all of Saline was so kind and loving to me. Most of my best friends from Saline don’t live in Michigan anymore, but Schmitty, Dan, and Kevin do. They were such great friends to me, even when I didn’t reciprocate; friends love each other no matter what. They spent hour upon hour with me everyday, and they constantly walked with me to my favorite Chinese food restaurant. A lot of my teachers and aids had such a big impact on me. I am so thankful. I love the entire town.

I love Michigan. I love Florida.

No comments: